Trampolines are a great way to keep kids active, outside and engaged in physical activity. But many parents have concerns about trampoline safety. By investing in a high-quality trampoline with safety features and by implementing safety rules, you and your family can have fun bouncing for years to come!
A great resource to consider when investing in a trampoline is trampolinesafety.com. This site offers reviews, tips and tricks to take into consideration when purchasing a trampoline. The site offers the following “top ten” safety tips for trampolines:
- Read safety instructions in the trampoline and safety net owner’s manual.
- Always use a quality safety enclosure.
- Only one jumper at a time.
- Children under 6 should not jump on backyard trampolines. Rather, find a kids trampoline made for toddlers and younger children.
- Children should be supervised at all times while jumping.
- No somersaults and flips.
- Make sure any bars or springs are sufficiently padded. Many low-end trampoline manufacturers do not provide enough padding and coverage. Buy high quality trampolines that address this issue or invest in higher quality pads.
- Make sure the safety net enclosure door is shut or purchase an overlapping entry net.
- Use a ladder that can be removed. Be sure to remove ladder when trampoline is not in use so kids can not gain access in absence of supervision.
- Play it safe and play to have fun! *