Children need at least one hour of physical activity each day. It can be hard to get children to play outside. Getting them out from behind the screens of computers, television, cell phones and video games and into the fresh air and sunshine can be a parent’s biggest challenge. As parents know, it’s not easy to compete with electronics so we have to be creative. Consider these tips:
5 Easy Ways to Get Children to Play Outside
1. Make the backyard fun! A trampoline and easy to entice kiddos out of the house with the promise of fun. Backyard Dreams at backyard-dreams.com has $100 off any trampoline until 12/31.
2. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no more than two hours a day of screen time for children two years old and up. Set limits and stick to them.
3. Make ‘outside time’ routine. Set aside the same hour each day so that everyone knows to expect it. This can minimalize the complaining.
4. Play outside with them. Jump on a trampoline or join in their game of chase. You’ll experience numerous health benefits alongside your children, you’ll increase your bonding time with them and you’ll set a great example.
5. Explore new, creative activities. Jump in a pile of leaves, plan a scavenger hunt with items from nature, plant a garden or start a rock collection. You can also take children on a night hike – just being up past their bedtime makes it really fun for them!
Contact us today for the best deals!